Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome To My New Blog!

This is a blog primarily about bicycling. I will be adding all sorts of bicycling information. Day trips, overnight camping trips, charity rides, organized rides, touring, short rides, long rides, paved roads, dirt roads, etc. What I carry on my bike. How I prepare. There will be things about people we meet along the way, business we find, etc. And there will be photos, lots of photos, so even if you aren't really into cycling, hopefully you'll enjoy the photography of the Ozarks, especially the areas around Branson, Missouri and Eureka Springs, Arkansas. And there's always the quirky things I run across, like odd things I find along side the road and sign faux pas. 

Here's an example of the type things you'll find (click on photos to enlarge).

 This photo is from the 2009 RAGBRAI in Iowa. It's the largest organized bicycle ride in the world, attracting between 15,000 to 20,000 riders from all over the world. I'll have a blog posting with many photos and stories about our 2010 ride, when I was joined on the ride with my daughter, Karla, and her husband, Jason. Lajunta, my wife, drove our support vehicle.


Fall 2009 ride, west of Eureka Springs on hwy 62. This is my occasional riding partner, Jerrie. We first met Jerrie and her husband, Scot, several years ago, when our kids were younger. My wife, Lajunta, says Jerrie is her "Sister of her heart".

  Over Labor Day 2010, I joined fellow photographer David Summerlin from Joplin, MO, and his friend, Russ Hite, for a 4 day bike/camping trip through SW Missouri, NE Oklahoma, and SE Kansas. Willl have a blog post with more photos and information on our trip.

Table Rock Lake in the winter time, near Trace Hollow, just off hwy 86 between Blue Eye and Lampe.

 In the winter time, we often ride some of the many dirt roads in our county.
 

I've lived my entire life between Eureka Springs and Branson. My family moved here around 1840. I used to say to my wife as we drove around, "This area would be really pretty, if we didn't live here". In other words, we take it for granted. People drive for hundreds of miles to enjoy all our area has to offer, the beautiful scenery, hills, lakes and forests. I won't be focusing much on the man-made entertainment venues, I'm sure you can find that at any tourist information site. My goal is to share the joy of bicycling and photos of the beautiful scenery along the way.






















No comments:

Post a Comment